Kitchen Manager, PaciniJob Description
Are you a kitchen guru with previous experience in a managerial or supervisory role? Can you lead a team to perform to a high standard while balancing multiple priorities in a busy restaurant environment?
As Kitchen Manager you will oversee all kitchen activities of a busy restaurant in a high-quality product and service environment. Reporting to the General Manager you will plan and manage kitchen operations in line with financial targets and company standards.
- Occasionally, make recommendations regarding work schedules.
- Supervise and if need be participate in the various set-up procedures in your area.
- Participate in production. Supervise and ensure operational standards are upheld.
- Participate in identifying deviations from forecasts (daily, weekly, monthly). Participate in applying the appropriate corrective measures to improve production and control costs.
Manage purchases and inventory
- Plan the purchasing based on consumption and does the merchandise ordering.
- Participate in managing the quality and quantity of products received along with inventory management.
- Maintain good relationships with suppliers. Ensure that inventory is properly rotated to avoid losses.
- Participate in hiring interviews for personnel under your responsibility.
- Supervise the training of new kitchen employees.
- Make recommendations to your supervisor regarding employees who could eventually move up to management positions.
- Help create a positive work atmosphere.
- Occasionally, participate in performance evaluations for personnel under your responsibility.
- Respect and help ensure the respect for Banff Lodging Co./Pacini standards and practices.
- Help create an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork, by leading by example.
Manage the physical facilities and equipment :
- Apply the preventive maintenance measures prescribed for each piece of equipment.
- Ensure the kitchen is kept clean.
- Participate in updating of the files on every piece of equipment and component in the restaurant (interior and exterior).
- Minimum 3 yrs Chef, Kitchen Manager, or Sous Chef experience within a restaurant operation equal in size and services to that of Pacini. Successful candidates will have a proven track record with an emphasis on food quality, consistency and effective cost controls.
- Passionate about the hospitality/restaurant industry, and enjoy the interpersonal aspects of the job. You have an eye for details and are committed to ensuring excellence in both quality of product and service.
- Self motivated, very hands on and leads by example. Proven ability to motivate and lead employees in a busy, high quality environment.
- We're looking for someone who is a natural leader, good communicator, good listener.
An outstanding benefits package combined with attractive compensation awaits the right candidate. We're talking Lux movie theatre discounts, discounted ski pass options, health and dental plan, food and beverage discounts at all our restaurants, employee share ownership program, free hotel stays and more!Apply
[Back to Career Listings]