Kitchen Manager, Caribou Keg Steakhouse & BarJob Description
As Kitchen Manager, you will oversee all kitchen operations of a busy restaurant in a high-quality service environment.Duties
- Ensure the highest standards of taste, quality & presentation across the full Keg Steakhouse Menu;
- Develop and implement menus suitable to The Keg Steakhouse brand;
- Interact effectively with key stakeholders to anticipate market conditions and business demand;
- Prepare food orders and staff scheduling in accordance with anticipated requirements;
- Prepare and cook meals for groups of various sizes, including tour groups, conventions, ala carte and buffet menu offerings;
- Take ownership of the kitchen budget, managing; labour and food costs, wastage and general expenses;
- Take a leadership role in recruiting, onboarding, training and development of the kitchen team;
- Lead the performance management process for your team, providing constructive feedback and identifying appropriate professional development plans;
- Lead by example while maintaining a productive, enjoyable and rewarding work environment that embraces the core philosophies of the Banff Lodging Co. and maximizes staff retention.
- Represent The Keg Steakhouse and Banff Lodging Company brands in such a manner as to enhance the reputation of the company.
- Maintain and enforce all company policies and legal standards;
- Maintain a safe and injury free workplace by fulfilling all health & safety obligations, and ensuring colleagues follow safe work practices.
- Previous supervisory or managerial experience in the hospitality industry;
- A proven track record of success delivering food quality and consistency;
- Experience implementing effective cost controls in an operation of similar size;
- A passion for the hospitality/restaurant industry;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels;
- An eye for detail and commitment to excellence in both quality of product and service;
- Proven ability to motivate self and others in an operation of similar size and quality.
An outstanding benefits package combined with attractive compensation awaits the right candidate. We're talking Lux movie theatre discounts, discounted ski pass options, health and dental plan, food and beverage discounts at all our restaurants, employee share ownership program, free hotel stays and more!Apply
[Back to Career Listings]