Front Desk Supervisor, Banff Rocky Mountain ResortJob Description
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring that front desk procedures are followed and all necessary tasks are completed properly. If you have a cheerful attitude and believe in creating magical memories for our guests then you are the right person for us! The successful candidate will have a professional appearance and manner and be able to deal with a wide variety of people and situations.Duties
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Motivate, train and lead front desk staff by personal example with a philosophy of work conduct, enthusiasm and personal development that leads to maximum performance and job satisfaction.
- Interact effectively with clientele and co-workers to create a positive hotel experience.
- Responsible for the smooth transition of shifts, ensuring that there is adequate communication of the daily operation between employees and shifts;
- Ensure that all financial transactions are processed correctly, and monitor that proper procedures are being followed and necessary tasks are completed properly by front desk agents;
- In the absence of senior management, effectively handle all safety/emergency/fire situations;
- Answer all in-coming phone calls in a professional manner to the standard set by Banff Lodging Company.
- Handle guest registration and room assignments, accommodating special requests whenever possible in a timely manner.
- Take, cancel and change room reservations.
- Provide information on hotel facilities and services with hours of operation.
- Share general information on points of interest in the area and services in the community.
- Effectively handle, investigate and resolve guest concerns in a professional manner to the standard set by Banff Lodging Company.
- Process guest departures, calculate charges and receive payment.
- Additional duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills, strong organization skills, self-motivation, exceptional telephone manner and a willingness to work with a positive team player attitude. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays. Prior experience as a front desk agent or front office supervisor is desirable. Prior experience with Maestro (hotel computer system). Ability to work full time, year-round.Compensation
An outstanding benefits package combined with attractive compensation awaits the right candidate. We're talking Lux movie theatre discounts, discounted ski pass options, health and dental plan, food and beverage discounts at all our restaurants, employee share ownership program, free hotel stays and more!
[Back to Career Listings]